We are seeking a new Senior Project Engineer.
If you feel you have what it takes to work in a dynamic advanced manufacturing environment please contact us.
N.B. This job is advertised across various platforms.
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
CCP Gransden is pleased to be recruiting a Senior Project Engineer for its high value manufacturing facility in Ballygowan, County Down. This exciting role will primarily support the company’s activities in the manufacture of advanced composite parts and assemblies for customers in the aerospace, defence, and automotive sectors. The ideal candidate will be a key player in the Engineering Team within a dynamic and agile company. The candidate will have a willingness to be hands-on in the development and execution of new and challenging projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Manage engineering programmes effectively to ensure adherence to schedule, cost and quality.
- Interpret and analyse engineering drawings from customers in support of new business.
- Produce designs in support of component procurement and manufacture by Operations.
- Liaise efficiently with customers to provide programme updates, communicate issues arising and to agree resolutions to variances arising or non-conformances raised.
- Coordinate programme activities with colleagues across Design, Quality, and Operations to ensure customers’ requirements are met and internal procedures adhered to.
- Manage the interaction with the supply chain, including material suppliers and toolmakers, to source suitable materials, and test and evaluate new technologies.
- Compile knowledge capture reports, risk registers and project progress reports.
- Support the preparation of responses to Requests for Information and responses to Requests for Proposals.
- Support the Engineering Director in further developing the company’s engineering capability.
- An honours degree in an Engineering or related subject / HND with associated industrial experience.
- Strong CAD experience, particularly in SolidWorks or Catia, with knowledge and understanding of manufacturing tolerances and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in an Engineering / Production environment.
- Prior experience in working with a company ERP system, using project management, CRM etc.
- Experience of working with leading Tier 1 or OEM companies in UK and abroad.
- Knowledge of a range of composite manufacturing processes.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will receive a company laptop, mobile phone, and support for professional development. The position will also attract a discretionary annual bonus of up to 10%, health insurance and contributory pension scheme, which will provide successful candidates with an attractive annual package in the range of £40k to £46k, depending upon experience. The post is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with the potential for progression and career development.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and cover letter. Please include subject heading as ‘Senior Project Engineer Application’.
- CCP Gransden has been in business since 1894 (over 130 years), evolving from a shipbuilding and repair company into a developer and manufacturer of advanced composites across high-value manufacturing sectors such as aerospace, transportation, security, and defence.
- CCP Gransden has a sophisticated aerospace-grade manufacturing facility that can deliver one of the UK’s widest selections of advanced composite manufacturing processes in-house.
- Substantial in-house capability is further enhanced with an experienced and skilled team, ensuring CCP Gransden can reliably support a wide variety of exclusive projects.
- This expertise in the growing field of advanced composites combined with a proven track record has gained CCP Gransden a respected market position.